Click here to link with Sea and be Scene TV on Community ONE - Watch & WIN
TV FREE STUFF

Riverview High School… JUST ONE

A Sweet Release...

Posted: June 19, 2013

After months of practice, recording sessions and video shoots, the students involved in the Riverview High School JUST ONE campaign against drinking and driving are ready to launch their musical message.

“Listening to the final practice brought me to tears,” says Constable Mike Rolfe, the Police liaison at the school who spearheaded the project. “One student came up to me and told me they finally understood the meaning of the song and thanked me for being involved…. I had to leave the room.”

JUST ONE is a chart topping country song, originally done in 2006 by Lisa Shaffer, about a young boy who is killed by a drunk driver who says he had just one drink. In another chorus the mother of the boy cries the man killed her just one.

Students have done all the singing and most of the acting but there is nothing amateur about the project. Multi-award winning producer, Fred Lavery, did the recording and mixing at his Lakewind Sound Studio and acclaimed Halifax based cinematographer, Patrick Doyle, shot, directed and edited the video.

FRED LAVERY & Riverview High School Students at Lakewind Studios

“There’s nothing about this video that looks like it was a student initiative,” enthuses Constable Rolfe. “The students, the teachers and all the professionals who donated so much time to this project have really made sure it’s as polished as something you’d see coming right out of Nashville.”

JUST ONE t-shirtsThe students at Riverview are hoping to get it to go viral so they can really spread the message that just one drink can be enough to take the life of someone else’s just one.

Any help spreading the word is greatly appreciated. Let’s make Safe Grad 2013 a success and help send the message even drinking and driving aren’t worth the risk.

For more information please contact Nicole Sullivan via email nsullivan@eagle1035.com

PLEASE TWEET THIS POST!!!

1. You captured the nightmare perfectly. Every parents worse imaginable fear! This is a video i will definately share, bravo to all involved in this video...

Comment by Mena — June 19, 2013 @ 2:25 pm

2. Well done Riverview High School you, your families and friends should be so very proud, I know I am! Lets hope your message gets across to "ALL"
    Happy Safe Grad!

Kathleen Boudreau, St. Peter's, Cape Breton

Comment by Kathleen Boudreau — June 19, 2013 @ 10:05 pm

3. My Grandson attends this School sand I have a cousin who lives in Coxheath so it touches me even deeper I think.I commend everyone who participated in this awesome and awakening video.Safe Grad to one and all !!!!

Comment by Judy Muise — June 19, 2013 @ 10:42 pm

4. Congrats! Beautiful job.

You are sending a powerful message.

Safe and Happy Graduation to all grade 12 students.

Comment by Margie Benoit — June 20, 2013 @ 11:54 am

5. THIS IS THE MOST TOUCHING VIDEO I HAVE EVER WATCHED.HOW MANY TIMES HAS SOMEONE GONE BEHIND A WHEEL BECAUSE THEY ONLY HAD ONE.THAT ONE MOMENT OF INDECISION CAN LEAVE A FAMILY WITH A LIFETIME OF HEARTACHE AND SORROW.KUDOS TO THE STUDENTS FROM RIVERVIEW FOR A JOB WELL DONE.IF YOU SAVE EVEN ONE PERSON,YOU WILL HAVE SUCCEDED.THAT ONE PERSON COULD BE ONE OF OUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN.THANK YOU AS A PARENT.

Comment by ROSETTA LEFORT — June 20, 2013 @ 12:07 pm

6. Proud of my great niece, Morgan, and all the students and teachers involved in making this video. Thumbs up from Tottenham, Ontario.

Comment by Velma Wace — June 20, 2013 @ 3:56 pm

7. My grandson Matt Riley and my great nephew Maxs Jennings played the major rolls in this flim.i am so proud of them they did so well in this flim .I pray to god that students who are graduating this year will watch this flim The students at Riverview High School did a wonderful job there is a powerful message sent out about drinking and driving . Be safe grads and not just grads this is out for everyone not to drink and drive.

Comment by Linda MacPhee — June 20, 2013 @ 3:56 pm

8. WTG Riverview High School. What a POWERUL message that I hope comes across to a lot of people. Have a safe Graduation.

Comment by Linda Shaw Marion Bridge — June 21, 2013 @ 8:13 am

9. Thank you for this video. As a mom, it was very hard to watch but both as a mom and a former teacher at Riverview I am so very proud of each and every one involved in this film. Thank you for your creativity, effort and desire to share this message in such a profound way.

Comment by Amanda O'Regan-Marchand — June 21, 2013 @ 11:14 am

10. Wow .congradulations to all who put this video together.If this saves one life,it will be worth all your work in putting this film out there.It was very emotional to watch,in 1979 June,I lost a brother to a drunk driver.He was just 14,walking home from his first local teenage dance at our parish hall .We have walked in the shoes of the victim,I pray never to walk in the shoes of the family of the offender.God Bless you all and enjoy a beautiful Safe Graduation.

Comment by cecilia mac lean — June 21, 2013 @ 7:46 pm

11. Wow !!Awesome work by all involved !!very powerful and lets hope there are people of all ages who will take something from this .Well done !!

Comment by Sharon Gillis — June 21, 2013 @ 8:17 pm

12. Congratulations to all the students involved in this video. It is very well done, and is a very powerful message, which I hope can reach everybody not just the young teens. My nephew is graduating from Riverview this year and my niece will be in a few years. You guys can be proud.

Comment by Marielle Bourgeois — June 22, 2013 @ 10:07 am

13. This is a great video with a message that should impact everyone. As a mother and a grandmother it is a fear that we live with. Just one is one too many

Comment by Harriet Libbus — June 23, 2013 @ 4:43 pm