Lakewind Sound Studios
TV FREE STUFF

CHRISTMAS WITH HOLLY – The Cast Revealed & More

Posted: August 8, 2012

As we post the fine folks from Hallmark Hall of Fame have begun production on there new movie CHRISTMAS WITH HOLLY. As was the case with November Christmas, the details surrounding both the plot and the stars were released just prior to 'action' being called.

So here's what we know now... the movie will star Eliose Mumford (The River, Lone Star) as Maggie along with Sean Faris (Hallmark Hall of Fame’s The Lost Valentine, Leverage) as Mark and Alex Paxton-Beesley (TV's The Firm) in the role of Shelby.

Eloise Mumford, Sean Faris & Alex Paxton-Beesley to star in CHRISTMAS WITH HOLLY

Lucy and Josie Gallina photo by Yolanda PerezThe title role of Holly will be played by twins Lucy and Josie Gallina (Boardwalk Empire) and in this made for TV movie Nova Scotia will play the part of Friday Harbor, Washington.

As far as plot - Hallmark has released the following synopsis...

“I’ve been holding on to my old dreams. But I realize I need to make room for new ones.” So says Maggie Conway. She’s decided to move on in life after being left at the altar months earlier.

Maggie relocates from Seattle to a smaller, calmer place – specifically, Friday Harbor, Washington State. It’s the kind of town where everybody knows everybody – but not in a nosy way. Everybody cares for everybody, too. She opens a toy story that’s dedicated to kids, encouraging them to explore their imaginations. As Maggie says, “Kids need to play make believe. Imagination helps to make their dreams come true.”

The “Holly” in CHRISTMAS WITH HOLLY is six years old. Her single mom died a few months earlier. In accordance with her wishes, her 25-year-old brother Mark now has full responsibility for raising Holly. Mark – who runs the town’s coffee shop -- has help from his two older brothers.

All three uncles have their hearts in the right place. But they’re charmingly inept in their new roles – and they’re not helped by the fact that Holly hasn’t uttered a word since her mom died. That’s where Maggie comes in. Despite the approach of the busy Christmas retail season, she gives extra attention to Holly every time the young girl comes into Maggie’s welcoming shop.

Maggie assumes Mark is “spoken for” during the whole getting-to-know-you dance, because Mark is in a relationship with Shelby. But that relationship is floundering, and by Christmas Eve Mark and Maggie discover they’ve fallen in love. All three of them – Mark, Maggie, Holly – are starting to think of a life together as a loving family.

The teleplay for CHRISTMAS WITH HOLLY is by P’Nenah Goldstein (Hallmark Hall of Fame’s Loving Leah and November Christmas); it is based on the book "Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor" by Lisa Kleypas. It is directed by Emmy Award winner Alan Arkush (The Temptations, Caddyshack II). Brent Shields (Firelight, A Smile as Big as the Moon) is Executive Producer; Andrew Gottlieb (Beyond the Blackboard, The Lost Valentine) is producer.

CHRISTMAS WITH HOLLY will shoot in Nova Scotia from August 7 through to September 6 and will premiere on ABC this December.

Stay tuned for more details. SABS

While your here check out these related posts

Getting Set for Christmas With Holly

November Christmas

November Christmas... in July & August

For all things HALLMARK HALL OF FAME click here

And to follow the stars on Twitter like we do...

Eloise Mumford @eloise_mumford

Sean Faris @onlyseanfaris

Alex Paxton-Beesley @baxtonpeesley

1. I am currently working at your set. I'm one of the traffic control persons that lock down traffic and I think its awesome to be part of this :) your all awesome :) xo

Comment by carolyn stewart — August 11, 2012 @ 3:50 am

2. I think it is awesome that you are filming in Windsor N.S , maybe you will make us famous for something besides Hockey . I am looking forward to seeing your movie I am sure it will be great a real tearjerker thanks

Comment by Heather Brown — August 16, 2012 @ 6:20 pm

3. Love this series from Lisa Kleypas. Can't wait to watch it. Hope they film the whole series!!

Comment by alisha woods — August 17, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

4. I had a great time working on the set for two days as an extra. I hope the film turns out as good as they hope. Can't wait to see it.

Comment by Guy Leclerc — August 23, 2012 @ 11:07 pm

5. Who do you contact to become an extra? Thanks

Comment by Aaron — August 30, 2012 @ 12:51 pm

6. Hey Aaron - the extras casting is being done by Hennessey Casting http://www.hennesseycasting.com/ - break a leg!!! sb

Comment by sbeaumont — August 30, 2012 @ 2:01 pm

7. I live in beautiful Prospect Village just in front of the set for "Christmas with Holly" , the excitment in the village has surely been fun to watch..........crew hustling and bustling, christmas lights in August!.........Location guys Gary and Jason have been great, friendly and easy to deal with . Your crew are a very friendly busy bunch...........thanks for the entertainment and Merry Christmas to all!!
    "Eagerly waiting for December to curl up and watch"

Comment by Rosey Kiley — September 5, 2012 @ 1:00 am

8. I did traffic control for the movie "Christmas with Holly" and it was a pleasure to see and meet different people and it was a different experience for me and can't wait to watch the movie when it comes out in December.

Comment by wanda — September 5, 2012 @ 1:57 pm

9. Neat! Glad to be able to look this up! I was actually on a road trip through the East coast and decided to drive down a random road after visiting Peggy's Cove, and stumbled upon set. I didn't want to disturb anyone by going near, but it was neat seeing so many people involved. Hope I'll be able to watch it when it comes out!

Comment by Jessica — October 25, 2012 @ 12:09 pm

10. Mark is not the youngest brother. He is the oldest Nolan brother. That's why his sister made him guardian of Holly.

Comment by casey — November 6, 2012 @ 6:22 am

11. Hey Casey - I haven't read the book, but those plot details were sent to me by Hallmark Hall of Fame Productions. It's possible that the screenplay has him as the youngest. Not sure myself, but I'm looking forward to watching when it premieres on ABC December 9 - here's the details on that... http://seaandbescene.com/2012/11/save-the-date-for-%E2%80%9Cchristmas-with-holly%E2%80%9D/ - sb

Comment by sbeaumont — November 6, 2012 @ 8:42 am

12. where is the ferry, that is used in the movie, at? Curious, as it looks so familiar

Comment by debk — December 9, 2012 @ 8:30 am

13. Almost positive it's the Digby ferry... same as the one used in Delores Claiborne http://seaandbescene.com/2011/03/not-so-sweet-16-for-delores-claiborne/

Comment by sbeaumont — December 9, 2012 @ 10:24 am

14. When can we see Christmas with Holly again on tv?

Comment by Angela janes — December 10, 2012 @ 6:30 pm

15. Hey Angela - this show will air in 1 weeks time on the Hallmark channel and is already available on DVD - here's their link for further information http://www.hallmark.com/online/hall-of-fame/
    Have a happy Christmas - sb

Comment by sbeaumont — December 10, 2012 @ 7:07 pm

16. Love the fairy house in the movie Christmas with Holly. Would like to see a picture of the house or what they showed. Love to make one for the grandkids.

Comment by mandy — December 14, 2012 @ 8:54 am

17. Hi Mandy - it was adorable for sure....I've checked for stills of the house on line to no avail. The show will be rebroadcasting on the Hallmark Channel over Christmas and the DVD is available for purchase. Here's the link to their behind the scenes page -
    http://www.hallmark.com/online/hall-of-fame/behind-the-scenes.aspx Maybe you can question the folks at Hallmark Hall of Fame directly to see where/how they got the house. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Let me know how you make out - sb

Comment by sbeaumont — December 14, 2012 @ 11:54 am

18. Hubby and I love Hallmark movies and this one didn't disappoint!

Comment by Juniebug — December 20, 2012 @ 11:28 pm

19. Would love to know where I could buy (or order online) a fairy house like the one shown on Christmas for Holly. Any information on this house would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Merry Christmas

Comment by Georgia Lujan — December 24, 2012 @ 11:32 pm

20. Hello Georgia - you're not alone in your love of that little house...see my answer below with link to the behind the scenes page on the Hallmark Hall of Fame site...Good luck and let me know if you do find them. I'll keep digging on my end too. Happy New Year - sb

Comment by sbeaumont — December 31, 2012 @ 3:13 am

21. I've read that the movie was shot in Nova Scotia. But I'm a W. Washington native and I used to live on Whidbey Island (which is near the San Juans). The brothers house was shot at Ebey Landing on Whidbey Island. I saw it again last week while driving from Oak Harbor. The rocky beach was also Penn Cove at Ebey Landing. There was also a scene with Mark & Cloe that was shot behind the Pottery Shop there. Also, the outdoor scene with the oldest brother and Holly at the hamburger stand looked like a place in Coupeville by the Port Townsand Ferry.

Comment by uwgrl — January 3, 2013 @ 5:52 pm

22. As I understand it there were some exterior and establishing shots that were filmed in addition to what took place here in Nova Scotia to add to the authenticity of the setting. It certainly looks like a lovely spot. thanks for your note. sb

Comment by sbeaumont — January 3, 2013 @ 7:39 pm

23. Did anyone every figure out where to get plans to make or how to order the Fairy house? What a show! Makes me want to go back to Washington state to live again.

Comment by lisa — January 30, 2013 @ 1:56 pm

24. Stand by everybody - we've got a feature coming up with the Halifax based artist who designed the Fairy house - sb

Comment by sbeaumont — January 30, 2013 @ 9:02 pm

25. great tearjerker in a long time

Comment by Ethel Abshire — December 11, 2013 @ 10:50 am

26. Was there ever a post on how to make the fairy house. I want to make one so badly for my daughter. She loves this movie and the fairy house! Thank you :)

Comment by Kristin Hoff — July 2, 2014 @ 12:54 pm

27. We had made contact with the designer and arrangements to feature the creation and then lost contact. Thanks for the reminder though - we'll restart the process and see if we can't get something on-line for you. sb

Comment by sbeaumont — July 2, 2014 @ 1:18 pm

28. I am interested in the fairy house too. Thanks for any info on the designer!

Comment by susie dezarn — July 12, 2014 @ 4:39 pm