Jonny Harris – No Place Like Home in Newfoundland & Labrador

Occupation: Actor / Comedian / Writer

Place of Birth: Corner Brook, NL

Currently Resides: Toronto, ON

Where’s your favourite place in Newfoundland & Labrador to grab a coffee?

Hava Java or Coffee &Company

Where’s your favourite place in Newfoundland & Labrador to grab a pint?

The Ship

Where’s your favourite place to shop in Newfoundland & Labrador?

The Avalon Mall

Where in Newfoundland would we stand to see your favourite view?

On the cliffs behind my parents’ house (part of the east coast trail)

Name 3 things we’ve gotta do when we visit Newfoundland & Labrador:

1.  Visit Trinity Bay

2. See some local bands (The Once, Mark Bragg, The Novaks, Pathological Lovers, Sean Panting, Hey Rosetta!, Gramercy Riffs to name a few)

3.  Make out with someone in a car on signal hill

What makes Newfoundland & Labrador such a special place on earth for you?

The people.  It’s a different breed out there.  Newfoundland is the only place where I always feel like I am the least funny guy in the room.

Follow Jonny on Twitter like we do @JollyHarris

213 jonny harris

SEA AND BE SCENE TV caught up to Jonny on our "Road Trip to Toronto" - with special interviews in both parts 1 and 2.  Click here to see his INsights IN 10 and here to watch the episode with our feature interview.

Georgina Reilly with Jonny Harris TWEET pic FRIDAY 13TH, 2012While you're here - check out our feature interview with Jonny's MURDOCH MYSTERIES co-star Georgina Reilly - click here for that.

1. my mothers maiden name is Morgan was born in cupids and my grans name was Elfrida Harris before she married allen heber morgan and she was from conception bay and spoke of trinity bay often.just wondering if u might be related?great stand up by the way gave me a good laugh

Comment by steve albert harris morgan stoner — August 21, 2011 @ 10:07 pm

2. As a half-breed Newfie I rejoice in your Newfie-ness. Your portrayal of your Newfoundland accent sounds very Irish which goes with the many Irish immigrants of the time.You play the dramatic part so well nobody would guess you were such a fantastic stand up comic. Just watched you last night on Comedy New and laughed me guts out. You deserve awards, acclaim and lotsa money for what you do to entertain the masses.

Comment by Linda Greenfield — September 29, 2012 @ 11:50 am

3. I'm originally from Bell Island, just across The Tickle from Portugal Cove, but currently reside in Calgary. I just LOVE your character on Murdoch Mysteries, and was also "tickled" to see you on Republic of Doyle recently. Keep up the good work!

Comment by judy power — February 22, 2014 @ 11:28 pm

4. Jonny,

I really enjoy watching Murdoch Mysteries and over the years I've grown very fond of the characters. I love the way you play 'George' and can see your enjoyment as you do so.

Thank you for all the hours I've spent enjoying your work and wish you the same.

Grant

Comment by Grant Connolly — March 19, 2014 @ 8:35 am

5. Jonny you play an excellent role as constable crabtree
    you are my most favorite of them all.

you should come back to halifax ns sometime so I can meet you myself in person.

sarah

Comment by sarah saunders — September 18, 2014 @ 10:28 am

6. out of uniform you are one fine specimen.

Comment by Patti Shoemaker — January 5, 2015 @ 6:37 pm

7. Love your television comedy travelling show across Canada . . Only problem it seems to be hidden late at night in Alberta after midnight . .refreshing and information about our country and people . . More people need to watch you and the show Still Standing . . . CBC

Comment by Ros Cholak — August 29, 2015 @ 4:38 pm

8. Hey Ros - thanks for the note - we agree and LOVE "STILL STANDING" as an alternative to staying up late you might want to watch on-line - here's the link for that http://www.cbc.ca/stillstanding/

Comment by sbeaumont — August 30, 2015 @ 4:28 pm

9. Well hello loved reading about where you love to go in Newfoundland! !i have been there 4 times with my friend hannah who is from New Perlican! I so love Trinity Bay it's well said that it's the best part of Canada! IT'S THE PEOPLE they are so english - Love your show!

Comment by Well hello loved reading about where you love to go in newfoundland! !i have been there 4 times with my friend hannah who is from new perlican!i so love trinity bay its well said that its the best part of canada! ITS THE PEOPLE they are so english itish s — February 1, 2016 @ 4:59 pm

10. Jonny,
    You are a wonderful actor! I have had hours of enjoyment from Murdoch! I'd love to see you as the main character in your own series! 🙂

Comment by Denise Brown — October 10, 2016 @ 12:58 pm

11. And Jonny I am glad you are staying in my favourite
    T.V. show because your do a good job and you make the show popular from Suzanne Maree Burdekin

Comment by Suzanne Maree Burdekin — January 7, 2018 @ 5:51 am

12. Jonny CONGRATS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT. BEST ACTOR OF MURDOCH MYSTERIES ALONG WITH HELENE JOY..

Comment by Alice Deuk — January 19, 2018 @ 9:22 pm