A Warm Springhill Welcome from ANNE MURRAY

Posted: July 21, 2011

Anne Murray ProfileThe sun was shining on us in more ways than one this past Tuesday (07/19/11).  After driving through all types of weather to get there - we were met by a glorious summer day in Springhill and greeted by its most popular daughter – Anne Murray.

Anne was back in the homeland and celebrating the Anne Murray Centre's 22nd Anniversary.

Anne Murray with Jeff Hutcheson from Canada AMThe day we arrived Canada AM's Jeff Hutcheson was broadcasting live to mark the milestone and this Saturday, July 23, 2011 the festivities continue – as Anne will be there to meet and greet her fans.

We were thrilled she made time for us to chat about everything from her wonderful book All of Me to retirement life, from her love of golf to her affinity for her native Nova Scotia - gracious indeed.

Stephanie Beaumont with Anne MurrayIt was such an honour to have finally caught up to the lady - who has sold nearly 50 million albums, won countless awards and toured all over the world - and to think we did so in her hometown.

That's cool! SABS

While you're here check out Anne Murray's Cool People Profile and her #FFF (Friday Favourite Four)

For everything else visit her official site at www.annemurray.com

HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY

Anne Murray Centre Springhill, Nova Scotia“Since its opening in July, 1989 the Centre has received over 300,000 visitors from around the world. The Anne Murray Centre is open from mid-May to mid-October each year and during the off-season by appointment or by chance.

You can see firsthand the incomparable mix of awards, photographs, memorabilia and audio-visual highlights of Anne Murray's life and career in a series of award winning, three-dimensional displays at the Anne Murray Centre in downtown Springhill”

For information on the centre and this weekend’s event visit www.annemurraycentre.com

1. Great interview!!

Comment by Bill — July 21, 2011 @ 10:45 pm

2. I have always loved this lady and her singing! Thanks for the interview to watch her again. We've been honored to have her in our store - last summer being the first that I've met her. Here's hoping it happens again.

Comment by Angela Kitching — July 22, 2011 @ 7:44 am

3. Yes, actually , it was a good interview..it must be a little awkward at times to talk to people who are widely known..

Comment by Garth Wilson — July 22, 2011 @ 8:29 am

4. What a wonderful interview of a great Nova Scotian and Canadian. We need more people hearing Anne's advice. Her commitment to Nova Scotia is pure inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Comment by Authentic Seacoast Resorts — July 22, 2011 @ 10:52 am

5. That was a great interview with my friend Anne Murray. (I claim her as a friend, because I did meet her backstage once.)

Good friend or not, I have always been a big fan of hers and it was so nice to catch up on what she is up to. Can't wait to read the book.

Thank you so much for your great interview. Keep up the good work.

Anita Lewis

Comment by Anita Lewis — July 22, 2011 @ 6:22 pm

6. Anne Murray will always be one of a kind. Very unique! I love her with all of my heart and soul! She has been my idol for ever and a day, or two. :o) She's an inspiration to all of her fans as well as myself. One would most likely call me a Anne Murray fan-actic! Innocently though. My dream is to visit her Centre someday. I can picture it now. I'm standing there with another Anne Murray fan and looking at all her albums and CD's thinking to myself and pointing at each and every one saying, "I've got, that one & that one & that one & that one...!" And who should show up and sneak behind me with a tap on my shoulder, Anne Murray, herself! Just to see the look on my face would be priceless! I'd say, "Please pinch me to make sure I am alive!" & Knowing Anne's sense of humour, she'd probably do it too! :o)
    I love you Anne! Love, a fan for life! Mona Crutcher in Texas, USA. P.S.S. Give yourself a big hug for me this Saturday, 7-23-11. xoxoxo

Comment by Mona Crutcher — July 23, 2011 @ 6:36 am

7. This recording of Anne is absolutely wonderful for me. I live in the UK and we hear nothing of Anne here. I thank heaven that I found Facebook, because I would have missed so much. It has been a thrill to see her interviewed, on the Anne Murray day, and this one at the Anne Murray Centre. Thank you so much, I think I am the biggest fan in the UK and I think she is great. Thank you Anne.

Comment by Yvonne Goodwin — July 27, 2011 @ 10:05 am

8. I have been a fan since the first time she performed on the Midnight Special. That very night I found that my brother who passed away a year later had her album. He gave it to me and I have been crazy for her ever since. All of my family knew it and I got every album after that as gifts. Her music literally saved my life when my baby died; her music got me through my darkest days. thanks for the memories.

Comment by JEWELL FINN — July 20, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

9. I just watched your interview with Anne again. It was an awesome interview! Two very talented women!!!

Comment by Bill Swinimer — June 20, 2014 @ 11:01 am