Kathleen Hamm – At Home Here in Nova Scotia

Occupation: Insurance Broker, by day - Singer/Actor, by night

Place of Birth:  Toronto, ON

Currently Resides:  Chester Basin, NS

Where’s your favourite place in Nova Scotia to grab a coffee?

The Kiwi Cafe in Chester

Where’s your favourite place in Nova Scotia to grab a pint?

Not a drinker of the pints, but The Focs'le Tavern in Chester is the perfect place for a beverage with friends.

Where’s your favourite place to shop in Nova Scotia?

Not a shopping enthusiast, but love to browse through hardware stores.  I have a passion for interior decorating.

Where in Nova Scotia would we stand to see your favourite view?

So many to choose from....three of my favs are at the top of Castle Rock in East River, The Look-off near Blomidon;  and there's nothing like the beauty of the Cabot Trail when the Fall leaves are all in brilliant color!

Name 3 things we’ve gotta do when I visit Nova Scotia:

1. Experience the"Super-Wild Ride" tidal-bore rafting in Shubenacadie
  2. Hike the many beautiful trails
  3. Relax by the ocean, close your eyes, and listen to the waves as they roll in

What makes Nova Scotia such a special place on earth for you?

The vastness of the Atlantic Ocean, the saltwater air, the richness of the earth, and the warmth of the people make Nova Scotia such a special place for me.  Oh, and let's not forget; it's where I met my hubby 🙂  When my kids were growing up, I would always get them to stop & look out at the ocean; and I would tell them never to take it for granted!  Not everyone has the privilege of living with such a beautiful background.

For all things Kathleen Hamm including her new album visit www.kathleenhamm.com

1. So VERY proud of my Auntie K. She has worked so hard at this, and her album is AMAZING!!! We have nothing but love and support for her on this incredible journey!!! All the best with your future in music! We love you so much! -Julie, Bryan, Jace & Myla xoxo

Comment by Julie Power — September 2, 2010 @ 11:49 pm

2. I must add Kathleen is also the BEST BIG SISTER I could ever have.......Love ya Sis xo

Comment by Teresa Swinemar — September 3, 2010 @ 12:42 am

3. So friggen proud of you Katie. Love you! Job well done

Comment by Linda Bell — September 3, 2010 @ 10:39 am

4. go mom! 🙂 love ya

Comment by vanessa — September 3, 2010 @ 2:58 pm

5. Kathleen, you have always been special just for who you are, however, this accomplishment just adds to the total of who you are and the life you both have created. So happy and proud for you.

Hugs and love

Comment by Tish Jackson — September 3, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

6. WTG Kathleen, very proud of you and so happy that you and Brad got to do this. One more thing accomplished off your "LIST"..love you both.. Sis in law Carol

Comment by Carol — September 4, 2010 @ 8:50 am

7. So proud of you Aunt K! You are a superstar! Love you!! xoxo

Comment by Kim Denton — September 4, 2010 @ 11:04 am

8. Well done as always momma, about time the world heard you sing 😉 love ya

Comment by Chris Hamm — September 4, 2010 @ 11:41 am

9. Way to go Kathleen! I have fond memories of shopping at Frenchies in Nova Scotia. I bet I could get you interested in shopping there!

Great to see the world shining its light your way!
    Vickie

Comment by Vickie Fagan — September 4, 2010 @ 11:57 am

10. I met Kathleen a long time when I was a young teen...I babysat for her and took aerobics classes from her...I love Autumn Love and play for the day care kids I have in my home, instantly soothing! We were so blessed to have her and Brad perform at our breast cancer fund raiser in June! Kathleen is always smiling and laughing...a wonderful ambassador for our area! Can't wait for the next CD!

Comment by Jayne MacKenzie — September 4, 2010 @ 5:14 pm

11. really proud of you sis and Brad.i should applaud Chris and Vanessa for all their work too.It shows it was a family project.I really enjoyed your music while working the garden center as well as the customers.it was a beautiful atmesphere.congrats and hope to have a new cd by next summer to enjoy xoxoxoxoxoxo love ya

Comment by Rose and Kirk — September 8, 2010 @ 3:55 pm

12. When I think of you, I think of a smiling, happy face and a beautiful voice, with a talent for planning a kick ass party! You are beauty and talent and happy all rolled into that pretty black dress you're wearin. Love you, Auntie K. xoxo

Comment by Shauna — September 8, 2010 @ 10:11 pm

13. Kathleen & Brad , we are also so very proud to play your album, so nice when you want to relax.luv you both

Comment by naida @ george — May 18, 2011 @ 8:07 pm

14. Please see new email address, above.
    Thanks,